Crete is the largest island in Greece. The island offers amazing variety, combining snow-capped
mountains, rolling hills covered with olive trees and over 1000
km of varied coastline. Crete has far more endemic plants than
any other island in Europe.
Crete is also a mix of large tourist resorts, small fishing villages, remote
settlements and cities such as Chania and Heraklion which have been inhabited
for almost 8000 years. Whether you come to Crete for the sea and the sun, the
culture and traditions, the peaceful seaside villages of South Crete or the
dramatic landscapes, there is something for everyone.
Plan and create your
holiday in Crete
The emphasis of this web site is on the western part of Crete and
it looks more closely at holiday areas and activities that are somewhat
away from mass-tourism.
You will find a lot of information to help you make a decision as to where
you could take a holiday in Crete by following some of the links below.
Where to go?
Where to stay?
- Take a look at the Accommodation
menu heading for general information. If
you are searching for web sites for accommodation,
the best place to start may be at hotels-crete.com,
an independent listing of usable web sites
(with price lists and contact email addresses
so that you can shop around easily)
What to do?
- You can find a lot of information about walking in Crete in the menu heading Walks as
well as some Walks
General information on Crete
- This is mainly contained in the menu heading General info
Buying property in Crete
- A few pages of sound advice under the heading Property
- Searching for something specific? Enter it in the search box at the bottom
of each page. It's powered by Google technology and very efficient. If what
you are searching for is in the site, it will find it.
- If you want to see photos of Crete to get an idea of where you might be going
to, there are over 2000 photos on the site. Check the menu heading Photos
Books and Maps
- The section on books has
been enlarged and improved to make it easier to buy the best books
- If you prefer to browse, you can use the extensive site
map as your navigation starting point.
Recently added on this site